We have been spending the past few months coding up a new firmware for the MC6, and we are glad to say that it is finally ready! There are tons of new features in this firmware, and we are certain that with this firmware, the MC6 will be truly the most versatile Midi Controller out there.
Here are some cool new things you can do with your controller:
1. Add up to 6 additional switches to your controller via the Expression Inputs. These aux switches has all the functions of the standard preset.
2. Name your bank, presets with full names and display them when the bank is changed or when a preset is engaged.
3. Expression pedals settings are now localised, which means that you can send different midi CC messages from your expression pedals by changing banks.
4. Sync your devices with the midi clock, which changes live as you tap in a new tempo. And then save that tempo so you can easily call it out again.
5. Add conditional (if-else) functions to your presets and further extend their capabilities!
We have also simplified the preset editing menu, and editing a midi message can't get any more seamless than this!
There is a whole lot more you can do with this firmware and we are very excited for you to try it. '
Oh, and if you have not, check out our video on some of the key new features in the firmware!
As always, please feel free to contact us if you have any suggestions or feedback.
Keep making awesome music!
The Morningstar Engineering Team